Monday, November 7, 2011

one year old!

Well, my baby boy turned one year old on Friday! I can't believe it. This past year has flown by! Since I was pretty sick still, we did just a small family party with a little cake I made for Robby. Here's a few photos:

I couldn't find a bib big enough for his first cake experience, so I just tied a vintage bandana around his neck. I think this little cowboy looks pretty cute, don't you?

cake!

sugar shock face :)

(and here's a little video of Robby eating cake for the first time. It's pretty cute!)



opening his gift from grandma. 
i had one of these toy phones when i was little, too :)

Robert Clinton II and III

so sweet!!

newborn robby and i

holding my big 1 year old!
he's changed so much!


This past year certainly has been a whirlwind. Going from 4 to 5 children has been a big adjustment for me! Robby is such a joy though - always has a smile on his face and so easy to care for and love. If someone had told me ten years ago that I'd have 5 kids (under 7 years old, no less), I would have laughed at them! God has a way of surprising us sometimes. It's not easy, that's for sure, for I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've grown and changed so much since I've became a mother. I've been stretched to my limits, but through the hard times, I've realized that I am a lot stronger than I thought I was! God has given me grace through all of the seasons He's taken me into. And each child that He has brought into our family has added their unique personality and gifts and most of all, fun! One thing you can say about having a large family is that it's never boring!! :) I thank God for each baby he's given Clint and I. We truly are blessed.  
And each child has definitely made my life more lovely.



(linking up with:)

3 comments:

  1. A big Happy Birthday to the precious one-year-old!
    Loved seeing him discover his cake- blessings on your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember your posts waiting for him to come, and here he is a year old. It just goes too fast.

    Happy Birthday, Robby!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin