Tuesday, November 1, 2011

love gifts

My sweet friend Joy came up to see me at my booth at Harvest Fest on Saturday. It was so great to see her! I felt so loved and supported. She brought with her a little goodie bag for me. I was so touched - so much personal care and attention went into making it!

look at that amazing vintage bag! she knows what i like...

she made that fun journal - so cute! and God has been speaking to me a lot lately about feathers (more specifically covering me with His feathers), so that was an extra special hug from Him as well.

such a great friend...

now I gotta figure out what to write on that label on the front of the journal. hmmm....

and I thought this little glass bottle of crafty goodness was such a creative gift! 

Joseph was so fascinated by all of the little bits and bobs...

buttons, beads, ribbons, charms, etc. etc.  how fun!!

and Joy put this little pewter token in the interior pocket of the bag. (the back of the token says "follow your heart") I haven't even told her this part yet - just the day before at the conference, I was praying for a lady who had just bought a necklace, and the Lord gave me a little word for her. I saw that exact same thing that's on that token - a heart with wings. I mean, how cool is that?!!

All in all, a fantastic love gift. Thanks so much, Joy!!

********************************************

I really want to be that kind of friend. 
Intentional. 
Thoughtful. 
And an unexpected giver of gifts;
gifts that speak of hope and love and encouragement

Help me, Jesus, to look for ways to bless my friends like that.

(Is there some way that you've been blessed recently by an unexpected love gift? 
I'd love to hear about it!)

********************************************

Thanks for all your prayers - I am feeling better today. I got a babysitter this morning so I can go to a women's bible study. I am trying to press through all this junk that's been hitting me so hard since Harvest Fest. I will not let the devil steal my joy and try to take my focus off of what the Lord did last week!!

***********************************************

In other news, today is my Joseph's 3rd birthday!!

Hooray!

Happy Birthday Joseph!  
I love you so much. :)


(linking up here:)


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, our dear Joseph.
    Love,
    Grandma Carolyn and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! It's so wonderful to have friends that God uses to encourage us at just the right time. I love that you asked Jesus to help you look for ways to bless your friends. I'm praying the same thing today. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane5:01 PM

    How can I forget 3 years ago ! ! You waited until I drove 8 1/2 hours to be there...20 or so minutes later we were on our way to the hospital...in a short time Joseph made his appearance and I will never forget helping Clint give Joseph his very first bath...precious times and precious boy...little Joseph..we love you ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift!
    I used to work with a lady who was so generous. Her love language was definitely gift giving! When I left the job she surprised me with a cleaning basket filled with organic cleaning products and little treats. It was so sweet and I think of her every time I use it.

    Now that I have moved to a new place and left most of my friends behind I am enjoying sending lots of gifts in the mail to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Joseph!
    So glad to hear you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin