Saturday, November 19, 2011

the best treasure of all

I took Charlotte to my favorite thrift shop yesterday. I had fun showing it to her - it's literally one of my most favorite places to be. I love going there and finding treasures!

God has the best treasure of all waiting for me yesterday. 
I found a brand new, still in the box, leather Bible.


It's a Life Application Bible, in the NIV translation (my favorite translation). 

the original price tag on the back of the box.
(I got it for $3.13!)

isn't it beautiful?

and it has the tabs on the side so I can easily find my way around.
i love that.

*****************************************

The first passage that He led me to read in my new Bible this morning was in Isaiah 41:

17 “The poor and needy search for water,
   but there is none;
   their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the LORD will answer them;
   I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
18 I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
   and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
   and the parched ground into springs.
19 I will put in the desert
   the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set junipers in the wasteland,
   the fir and the cypress together,
20 so that people may see and know,
   may consider and understand,
that the hand of the LORD has done this,
   that the Holy One of Israel has created it. 
 
 **************************************
 I feel really blessed.

I've been asking God lately to give me a renewed love for His Word, and more of a desire to read it everyday. And I believe that He had this special gift waiting just for me to let me know that He has heard my heart's cry and that He will help me and give me more of a passion for the Bible.


7 comments:

  1. Treasure indeed! And the perfect 1st passage! He is always faithful! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Father is so incredible! He knows what we need and has it waiting for us. . .a treasure.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how lovely! You really were blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, I cannot even express how much I needed those verses!! God is so amazing! Thank you so much for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lora!! That IS a treasure-I am so glad the Lord blessed you with a new Bible. May it be fill your soul and mind with His words. may it become worn from the love you have for His word and continue to be a reminder of His love for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin