Tuesday, November 15, 2011

being quiet before Him

Ruth was quietly reading her Clifford book this evening. I managed to quickly capture a few images with my camera. She looked so peaceful. It was really sweet.




While I was editing these photos, I got to thinking about being still.
Being quiet before Him.
Especially, being quiet at home.
Resting in the safety of your own home. Your haven.

And as keepers of our homes, we have been given such a wonderful responsibility and priviledge of setting the atmosphere within the four walls of our houses.

I hope and pray that we will all strive to create an environment where the presence of God feels welcome. Where worship is a regular occurrence.
Where peace and rest abide.


"My people will live in safety, quietly at home. 
They will be at rest."
Isaiah 32:18



(Be sure to come back tomorrow! I am doing a very special necklace giveaway in honor of Thanksgiving. :) )

(linking up with:)



2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post Lora. I have a feeling your home exudes all of those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Also, your words are so calming. Thanks for the reminder to rest!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin