Tuesday, November 29, 2011

beauty in the dying

A couple weeks ago, I was noticing how beautiful the leaves were that had changed colors. Some were hanging by a thread on the branches of the tree, some had already fallen off onto the ground.


And as I was looking at these colored leaves,
the Lord spoke to my heart this simple, yet profound truth:

"There's beauty in the dying"


I began to realize that the most beautiful leaves are the ones that are dying. The ones that are about to fall off the trees. And even the ones that have fallen already and are losing life with each passing second.


And I realized even further that there is beauty in my dying - 
to my flesh, to my sinful desires, to my own way.


And each step I take toward God and away from myself 
makes me more and more beautiful.

There is so much more freedom and joy 
when I choose to deny myself and die to myself and yield to Him.

To simply LET GO.


Because only in HIM, is there true LIFE.  

***************************************************

"He must become greater; I must become less." 
John 3:30

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."
Matthew 16:24

"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing." 
John 15:5

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. 
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
John 10:10


(linking up here:)



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so true! You gave me goosebumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lora-

    Thanks for such a timely post. Read it to my Oldest- we both needed to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how God shows you Himself and His heart in the details of life we might overlook. Thank you for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin