Monday, October 24, 2011

a sweet little corner

Every Saturday afternoon, my sweet husband watches the kiddos so I can have some much needed alone time. This past Saturday, when I got home from my little outing, I discovered that he had started cleaning out our entryway. Usually, it is stuffed full of kids' shoes, socks, backpacks, jackets, and various other clutter. He had gone through the hall closet and cleaned a bunch of extra stuff out, making room for more storage space. After he went to work that afternoon, I finished the job and made a much lovelier space for us all to walk in the house to each day.  Here's a few of the "after" photos.

(Sorry - no "before" photos - just imagine utter chaos and mess and you've just about got it! :) )


Ruth standing in front of the little antique shoe cabinet that we found years ago at an estate sale. I just draped some vintage fabric I had over the curtain rod. Pretty cute, huh?  That vintage still life painting is one we've had for years. I love it.

there it is. a sweet little corner.

that fantastic little stool was once a companion seat to an antique sewing machine table. now, instead of storing notions and fabric inside, it holds backpacks.
the vintage coat rack that clint and i found in the very back of an old antique shop in south georgia. it was only $10.00.
now, leo's favorite red cowboy hat graces the top of it.

the beautiful portrait of Jesus from my childhood.
 my mom gave it to me when we moved away and into this house.
now, my daughter can gaze up at Him, just like I often did as a little girl.

the wreath that i made this time last year when i was very pregnant with my robby.

and of course, lester, resting in the sunshine on the bench by the front door.

*****************************

I love making feathering my nest; making my house more of a home for my family.

I am very grateful that my husband works so hard so that I can stay at home each day with our children.

I am blessed.

(linking up with:)






3 comments:

  1. So cute and what a great husband you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lester looks just like my Murphy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! What a wonderful little corner. I can't wait to see it (and all of you).
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin