Friday, October 14, 2011

miracles

A few weeks ago, I found a little antique key at an antique store. I was drawn to this key because the top part was bent quite a bit. It's not common to find a bent key like that, especially since the metal is usually so thick and strong. As I sat down several nights ago to make some jewelry for Harvest Fest, I picked up that key and asked the Lord what He wanted me to make with it. And my eyes fell to a little hammered copper pendant I had made that says "Miracles". I put that key on top of the copper pendant and they fit perfectly together. In fact, the bent part of the key almost looked as if it were bending into the letters onto the copper tag. And then, I was reminded of a scripture that just blew me away:


"I will go before you and will level the mountains; 

I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron." 

Isaiah 45:2



Last night, one of my friends dropped by and we got to talking. She's been going through a very difficult time. As she was sharing, I knew that I was to give her this necklace. I showed it to her and told her about the bent key and the scripture the Lord led me to for the necklace. And she got tears in her eyes. Just two days ago, God gave her that very same verse in Isaiah for the season she is in right now. And He spoke over her as she was crying out to Him the word "Miracles".  So, clearly, that necklace was meant for her.  (I took the photo above right after I put the necklace around her neck.)

I am constantly amazed at how the Lord uses these little necklaces to encourage the hearts of His daughters. I know that it is all Him. He is the one that brings all of these divine encounters to pass. And I am so grateful that He wants to use these little works of my hands to bring Him glory!  Thank you, Jesus!!

It is my prayer that all the other necklaces that I've been making for Harvest Fest will have similar stories like this one. That they will be tangible signs of hope for those that wear them. That they will reassure each woman that the Lord has heard their cries.  Oh, Lord, would you come and speak to your daughters!

***************************************

I also wanted to announce the winner of the giveaway for the {found} hand stamped copper and sterling necklace with vintage pearl!

Random.org chose comment #7, which belongs to Andrea who wrote:

What about..."with you wherever" or "patience" (which I could use a continual reminder of in this season!)

Though I haven't commented much since I first read your blog, I wanted you to know how much the Lord has encouraged and inspired me in reading your posts. It's always uplifting to read how the Lord is working in your life. :)

Congratulations, Andrea!! I will be contacting you soon to get your address. :)




(linking up with:)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story - the Lord used you to encourage and lift up your friend! Love seeing His work in all things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am encouraged and inspired- thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Andrea, Lora is a fantastic artist! Love your Spirit friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin