Monday, October 17, 2011

brown paper packages tied up with string

I got the prettiest package in the mail on Saturday from my sweet friend Joy. She sent me the cutest little pillow, a blanket for Robby, and a few other goodies. My favorite part of the package was definitely her beautiful handmade card and sweet note. She also put a few little hidden notes within the package. And her words to me were so special and encouraging. Just an all around fantastic package!

Isn't this pillow she made absolutely adorable?!!
I love that pink pom pom trim. 

And she tucked a little vintage crocheted doily and note to me inside the pocket. :)

it looks so cute on my vintage orange velour chair!

look at all the work she put into making this card, just for me! 
wow. i feel so blessed.

this little note made me cry. 
just the right words that i needed to be reminded of!

and she also made me this super cute little brooch.
so perfect for fall!

***********************************************

I felt so loved after opening this package from my dear friend. I am convinced in this technological age that we live in, we so often miss out on the extreme blessing of receiving a letter or care package in the mail. It's so easy to just send a text or a tweet or an email. I want to be more intentional about taking the time to write down on paper my appreciation for my friends and family. I want to step away from the computer more often and get back to the basics, you know?

***************************************
"brown paper packages tied up with string..."
(definitely one of my favorite things!)
and another way that my life is more lovely!

****************************************

(linking up with :)





4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous package! How sweet :) I love getting handmade love in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends are just so amazing aren't they! The pillow is adorable. I love that she tucked little notes into the packages.... Makes it even more special and lovely.
    Cute brooch! Love the tweed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW I'm a believer in handwritten notes! There's nothing quite like opening the mailbox and discovering that someone you love has written to you. Praise God for your sweet friend. What a blessing she sent to you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, what a beautiful pillow! But especially, what a beautiful friend! Treasure the moments the Lord gives.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin