Tuesday, October 18, 2011

be still


I've changed probably about 5,000 diapers in my lifetime. And more often than not, the little ones that are being changed are not cooperative. Lots of squirming and fighting to get free from my grip. And I end up having to say to them,

"Be still so I can change you!"

I was thinking about that one day and the Lord spoke to my heart.
How often do I squirm around when He's trying to change me; trying to fix my messes and make me clean? 
If only, I would just be still. Be still and know that He is God. 
So He could change me!

So often, I have to remind myself of the promises in His Word. 
That He is a good God.
That He knows what's best for me.
That He is fully capable of being in charge of my life.

I pray that all of us will be still today in His presence and let Him change us!



(linking up with:)


7 comments:

  1. I so love how God can show us great things even in the midst of diaper changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgsh, YES be still so I can change you, SO POWERFUL, so simply put. THANKyou!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! How I squirm in the waiting...which just makes things messier. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that I don't change diapers for another 7+ years, but I'm encouraged by the small things that God uses to grab our attention to romance us into a love relationship of connection with Him.
    Thanks for sharing!

    Nicole
    missusrobie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect post! Thanks for linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What an amazing analogy! Another confirmation that God is in all. He can be found in every part of our lives...the parallels are endless....

    You are a good writer, Lora....Love reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin