Tuesday, September 27, 2011

word for the overwhelmed

Lately, I've been struggling with feeling overwhelmed

Have you

(It seems like it's been a common theme lately for so many of us.)


But, I can tell you with complete confidence that we don't have to feel that way.

We don't have to be ruled by our feelings, by our emotions.

We can choose to believe in the promise of our great and powerful God -

that we can do all things through Him that gives us strength! (phil.4:13)

that His mercies are new every morning! (lam 3:22-23)

that we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us! (rom 8:37)

that the Lord will accomplish what concerns us today! (ps 138:8)

************************************************************************** 

So, hang on, my friend! God is in your corner!


He is working it all out for your good.



Let the words of this song wash over you. Let Him encourage your heart today!



(linking up with:)






7 comments:

  1. Hi Lora, I have not been ignoring ya! I have been on vacation. I do all my blogging at work. So Im goin to order the Jesus necklace from you this week. Miss your encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I'm so thankful that we serve a God who desires to carry our burdens when we are overwhelmed. Praise Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this. i've been telling friends 'my life is going 90 mph and i can only go about 25 on a good day! clinging to phil 4:13 and the grace He gives!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.10:24 PM

    ...Loved soaking in this song. Good worship. Thank you for sharing! Love you, friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! I just went and checked out your Etsy shop--OOHH MY GOSH--Im in LOVE---I need to get with you and talk about a spoonsorship on my blog--I love promoting etsy shops on my blog that I find!!!

    feel free to email me:
    pelzanna@gmail.com

    PS Im from North Carolina TOO!!!

    XOXO Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann P.5:52 PM

    Thank you for this post Lora! I, too, have been feeling overwhelmed lately, and this is just the reminder I needed to read. Even though I'm not a frequent commenter, know that I look forward to reading your blog posts as often as I can. Thanks for your words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE jenn johnson, she has this amazing song/video you would love...called A Little Longer, check it out on youtube, and look for Jesus' wording in RED! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin