Saturday, September 10, 2011

this is the day the Lord has made

This morning, I tweeted "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" About three minutes later, Leo started screaming from the other room. He and Benjamin were rough-housing, and Leo fell and hit his head on the base of the folded up treadmill. He had a pretty large gash on the back of his head. As soon as I looked at it, I knew that we had to go to the emergency room. So, Clint came home early from his prayer meeting to watch the other four children, and Leo and I went to the hospital. About two hours later, the doctor was putting a staple in Leo's head. OUCH.


I thought it was so interesting that the Lord laid that scripture on my heart just minutes before the injury occurred. While I was sitting in the ER waiting room next to my crying son, I kept repeating out loud, "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!" Leo did so well. I was so proud of him. He had a great attitude throughout the whole ordeal. He is resting now. Please pray that he heals up quickly. And to all of you that have been praying for Robby, thanks so much! His fever is coming down.


I was working on my blog post when all this happened with Leo this morning, so here's what I had originally planned to put up on the blog today:

********************************************************
Yesterday was a long day, with Robby being feverish and all, and my sweet husband offered to go get take out Indian food for us. Of course, I said YES! He got home with the food soon after I put all the kiddos down for bed. And he lit candles and got our fancy china out in the dining room. So, we had a romantic candlelit dinner for two. Heavenly. I love him! It was just what I needed!

candle flickering on our dining room table

clint getting my plate ready (on our fancy wedding dishes)

yummy Indian food appetizers

chicken tikka masala - my absolute favorite!

aww... how sweet

video

and a little video

**************************************

I am rejoicing that Leo wasn't hurt very badly. I know that it could have been much worse. God was watching over him!  And while I was finishing up this post, I had to go get Robby up from his afternoon nap. He was much cooler!! Thank you, God, for healing my baby, too!


3 comments:

  1. Wow - so amazing the way God spoke to you and helped you through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had those words placed on your heart this morning! I hope both Leo and Robby are doing much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest son had to have a staple in his head, too. Just one of the many joys of having boys I guess.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin