Monday, September 12, 2011

sunday afternoon thrifting date

Yesterday afternoon, Clint watched the four oldest children while Robby and I went to Goodwill to find some vintage treasures (my favorite thing to do!). And then, we went to Target to walk around. There's a Starbucks inside this particular Target, so I decided to splurge and treat myself to a Frappucino. And I was delighted to discover that they are now offering Pumpkin Spice!! YUM-MY. As I sipped my delicious frosty pumpkin-flavored frappucino, I said to myself, "Fall is here!"

It was a wonderful little date with my baby boy.

And I just had to share with y'all my two amazing little vintage finds from Goodwill!

Ta-da!!! I found this fantastic vintage crewel-work piece. 
I absolutely love it! (and it was a steal at only $5!)

look at all the work that went into this beauty!!

daisies... :)

And doesn't it look amazing in my entryway?! 
I think it goes so well with the other crewel-work piece that I found two years ago. 

and my other little treasure - a pretty vintage mug for Ruth

and this is why I just couldn't pass it up. It has her name on it!!

look how happy she is! she's touching her name on the mug in this photo.
this will be a good teaching tool to help her learn how to spell her name!
(and it was quite a deal at only 50 cents!)

******************************************

Finding special treasures at a thrift store.
Spending sweet one-on-one time with my baby boy.
Seeing my girl's face light up when I showed her that mug.

Just some of the ways that God has made my life more lovely.

(linking up here:)



Have a wonderful week, everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the little things in life!! Your thrift store finds are just lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun!! and good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness... that little mug with her name on it, was meant to be! I adore the daisy piece... so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the embroidery piece! I keep hoping that I will find a beauty like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds! I remember how special it was to find items with my name on them when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love thrifting i wish i had more time for it. your finds are great and your entry looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin