Monday, September 5, 2011

birthday blessings

Saturday was Leo's 6th birthday. We had a fun little family lunch at Chick Fil A. (That was where Leo wanted to go, and I didn't complain - it's one of my favorite places, too!) Here's some photos of our little party for Leo:

my big boy with his new buzz cut! :)

I splurged on a big Spider Man cake - that was pretty much the only thing that Leo specifically asked for. It was totally worth the $20 I spent - you should have seen his face when he saw it for the first time!

Happy Birthday, Leo!!

brothers and friends :)

gotta love that blue frosting grin of his!

opening his Captain America toy from my mom

Leo had been talking lately about how he wanted a Batman lunchbox for school. I was at a yard sale last weekend and found this (practically brand new) one for 50 cents!! Thank you, Lord!

opening his new Transformer from Clint's mom

We had such a great time together as a family of seven celebrating Leo. I am so thankful for my little family - we are so blessed. :)

On the way home from Chick Fil A, Clint got a text from one of his students who works at a nearby amusement park. She had three extra tickets for the park that expired that weekend and wanted to know if we wanted them!! I was so excited for Leo. I knew that this was a special birthday present to him from the Lord. He's been giving me extra gifts like this lately for my kids, and it's just been amazing to watch! 

We came home from lunch and put the young ones down for naps. Then, I told the boys to get their shoes and socks on and get ready to go on a special surprise. On the way there, I told Leo that God was giving him a birthday present. When we arrived, the boys were so happy. They couldn't believe it!!


standing in the parking lot in front of the amusement park.

i love this child!



Throughout the whole day as I watched the boys ride their very first rollercoasters, squealing with excitement and happiness, I kept thinking of this verse:

"So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

God's been giving my kids the over and above gifts lately - those hair bows for Ruth, and now the free amusement park tickets for the boys. I am blown away by His kindness. He is so good!

(Linking up here:)



Have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. What a great birthday! I love Chick-fil-a and what a fabulous way to end it at the amusement park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Father is so good. He gave such a great gift to Leo (and Benjamin). How fun to have a roller coaster birthday!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were able to celebrate your son in such a special way! Of course, God likes to celebrate his children too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal on the lunchbox! Awesome stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin