Tuesday, September 6, 2011

letting go

Today was the first day of school. Benjamin started 2nd grade, Leo started 1st grade, and Ruth started preschool. I came downstairs bright and early at 7am, and both of the boys were waiting for me all dressed, shoes on, and backpacks on their backs. They were so excited! 

Here's a couple photos of the boys right before Clint took them to school:

 aren't they cute?!

 i'm not fully awake in this photo - no makeup and my hair's a mess.
but i still like this photo. :)

Ruth was also up early and couldn't wait to get dressed in her outfit and put her new shoes and backpack on.  After the boys left for school, I went and got Robby up and nursed him. Then I took Ruth, Joseph, and Robby to her class. Here's a couple photos of her outside our house right before we left:

 she was SO EXCITED!

 so sweet

 Joseph wanted to get in the picture, too.  They are going to miss playing together in the mornings. They are buddies.

I absolutely love this photo of Ruth and I!
I took it in the church parking lot right before we walked in to her preschool.

********************************
I gotta tell y'all - I did not expect to get so emotional today. I have been nothing but super excited about Ruth starting preschool. Clint and I have total peace about this decision. We know that she needs this experience in a class setting to prepare her for kindergarten next year. But, when I dropped her off today, I got really weepy! She's my only girl. And I love her so much. I guess it's the mother/daughter bond or something. (Because I didn't really go through these kind of emotions when I sent Benjamin or Leo to preschool)

Letting go is hard!!

(I cannot even begin to imagine what it's gonna feel like when all my kiddos leave home after high school!)

I came home and just sat on the couch with Joseph and Robby. We cuddled and I felt a little bit better.

This is a new season. And I'm going to take advantage of the time I have alone with my two youngest children.



************************************

Letting go is hard,
but God will help me and give me strength.
He loves my children more that I do, and He will take care of them.

I am letting go, but more importantly, I am letting God.

All I can do is do the best I can each day with the time He's given me.

I will continue to sow the seeds of God's love into the hearts of my children. And as they continue to grow, I I know I will start to see those little seeds sprout out of the ground and become lush and green - plants that will develop into tall trees, one day bearing fruit!

Motherhood is a curious thing sometimes. We may not see the fruit immediately in the lives of our children, but if we continue to pour our hearts and prayers into their little spirits (and not give up), we will reap a harvest!


"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
Galatians 6:9

 "Your children will be like vigorous young olive trees as they sit around your table."
Psalm 128:3

"...so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
Isaiah 55:11




(linking up with:)



7 comments:

  1. Lora, I remember your first day of preschool. I cried as well. Now look at what the Lord has wrought! He had great plans for you back then, just as He has for Ruth and the rest of the children now. You can trust your little ones to the Father.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, adorable kiddos!!
    i love first day of school faces;)
    great attitude! enjoy this new season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, what a beautiful post! (I loved the pictures!) I'm not a mom yet, so I can only imagine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. It makes me think about how our Father feels when its our "first day" at something we've been preparing for. Excited for us. Proud of us.
    Blessings to you!
    xo
    Andee
    P.S. visiting from Jami's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing post ... thanks for opening up and being real! coming to call me blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lora, you are an amazing mommy! Thank you for your loving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin