Saturday, August 6, 2011

me time

I had some really good time alone today. Clint saw "the look" in my face when he got home around lunchtime today and said, "Do you want to go out by yourself for a few hours?" To which, I replied wholeheartedly, "YES!"

My first stop was a little thrift store near my house. It is a little hole in the wall place, but man, does it have some treasures!  I always find the neatest things in there!  Today was no exception.


Some of my finds from today.

The sweetest little vintage plaque with a friendship poem decoupaged on it, a great little antique book on prayer, and the prettiest and softest vintage scarf!

This tshirt was a little kiss from God. I've really been struggling lately with my own self-image, etc... comparing myself to others, feeling down... When I saw this shirt on the rack, I knew it was especially for me from the Lord. 
I am FREE TO BE ME!

I also went out to lunch by myself. I had the most amazing veggie burger and fries! And I had a really sweet time with God while I was reading the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. What a fantastic book! Oh my...

After lunch, I went by the library and had fun browsing all the craft and home decorating books. I checked out some really great ones. I'll blog about those once I get a chance to sit down and look through them.

When I got home, I discovered a Starbucks Vanilla Latte waiting for me from my friend and next door neighbor. It was such a nice surprise!

I also discovered a new addition to my living room. Yes, that is what you think it is.
An enormous treadmill in the middle of my hallway,
right in the main living area of my downstairs.
Someone gave it to my husband. He was pretty excited about it. He knows that I have been wanting to start exercising more, so he couldn't wait to show it to me. I am happy about it, don't get me wrong. I am just not thrilled about its huge presence in my house. It's not very pretty. Oh well, what are you gonna do?  I am trying to think about my skinny new body once I start walking/jogging on it on a regular basis. It won't seem so big and ugly in my house then. Right? That's what I keep trying to tell myself! :)


6 comments:

  1. We all need these little escapes! So glad yours was relaxing.
    I am jealous of the treadmill - I had one when we lived in FL but it didn't move to San Francisco with us. Good thing as there is no place in our apartment to put such a thing. Have a look at iTrain.com - they have some great treadmill workouts to keep it from getting too boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really lovely day!

    I wonder, is there some kind of cover that could be made for the treadmill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always leave your blog with a smile on my face:) I am so glad you had some time to decompress and be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.5:20 PM

    Love that you got special time... and that the Starbucks was special enough to you, to blog about it... and I think the treadmill will look more and more attractive as you get used to using it, and you feel smaller and smaller! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane9:43 PM

    Mama gave her treadmill to me after she suffered a broken hip and I took care of her for six weeks in our home. I love it because you can exercise in hot or cold or rainy weather while the little ones are napping...no need to get a baby sitter...you can pray while walking or listen to music...endless possibilities. And no one expects a treadmill to be pretty. Enjoy ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, sounds like a wonderful day to yourself!!! Your husband rocks! lol.
    I love the thrift store finds. And you can always decorate the treadmill somehow. hehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin