Friday, August 12, 2011

my {new} mid-century dresser

I'm super excited about showing y'all my new vintage treasure! The other day, I was visiting with a friend at her house. We were talking on her front porch and I noticed this amazing mid-century modern low dresser. It was just sitting there on her porch! I asked her if she was getting rid of it, and she said yes. Just goes to show you that truly "one man's trash is another man's treasure"! She told me that I could have it, and later that evening, Clint drove over to her place and picked it up!

I love it so much. It is just my style, and it is in great shape. I set it up in my craft room today (aka my dining room :) ). It fits great in the space, and more importantly, is a fantastic place to put all my packing supplies for the shop. Now, my dining room looks a lot cleaner and more organized. Yay!

doesn't it fit perfectly?!

I am still playing around with what to put on top of it. This is what I came up with yesterday.

I always put this framed mission statement on my table when I do craft shows/conferences. I thought I would be neat to have it out where I can look at it every time I sew or make jewelry. It's a good reminder.

I picked up this amazing little vintage tin a few months ago at a thrift shop. I love the colors and design. Right now, it holds some of my jewelry making supplies.

And here's an iron cross and a handmade pottery bowl filled with potpourri...

These drawers hold my shipping envelopes and vintage patterns (I wrap all of my orders in pattern paper). The bottom drawer holds all of my bubble wrap and packing tape.

Right now, I've got my scrapbooking/card making supplies underneath the dresser.  It's not as pretty that way, but the plastic bins are mostly out of sight.  I can't be too much of a perfectionist! :)

All in all, I am very pleased with how it turned out. Just another kiss from God to me. He loves me, and always seems to go out of his way to bless me and give me little gifts! He's nice. :)

6 comments:

  1. Lora, what a find! I love the dresser. You're right...it fits perfectly. So much more storage. Thank you, Lord.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dresser! Classy storage solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. I love how all your bits and bobs fit in it. How good is God to provide xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:00 PM

    Awesome find!

    Now you can make yourself a cute little runner for the top with some of your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chest friend! Organization makes all the difference in my sanity level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lora-

    I am always happy to see how God gives his children presents all the time. Countless times he has brought into my life those same kind of amazing presents that make me remember His love every time I see them.
    There is no one like God to get you 'just the right gift', huh?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin