Monday, August 22, 2011

my {new} vintage sampler

Remember that awesome vintage mid century dresser I was given by a friend a few weeks ago? (I blogged about it here, if you're interested.) Anyway, I quickly threw together a couple little decorative pieces to put on top of it. I knew that it would all come together little by little. That's actually how I like to decorate - you know, just let things evolve over time. That way, when you look around your house, you have little stories for each piece that's on display. Each thing has special meaning behind it.

So, the dresser has looked kind of bare since I put it in my dining / craft room. That is, until the other day, when my sweet friend Danielle came by with an amazing vintage cross stitch piece. She was out yard saling last weekend and when she saw it, she said she immediately thought of me!  Yippee! And guess what, she got it for only $1.00!! Can you believe that?!  What a great friend to pick it up for me! I'm blessed.

it fits perfectly on the dresser - just the right size, colors, etc..

and look at all the detail that went into it!

it's crazy to even say that 1982 is now considered "vintage", but it is!
i'm getting old! :)

I love the scripture, too:
"Give us this day our daily bread"
{so perfect for my dining room!}

Such a great reminder that God will always meet my needs!
(And that He wants me to trust Him for today,
taking one day at a time. )

Linking up with:


4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so sweet! I love it. The perfect accent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! This is just a perfect piece to go with the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so lovely! and thank you so much for your sweet words and congrats on our babes :) means so much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin