Thursday, August 25, 2011

i had church in my kitchen

I had church in my kitchen last night. I mean, like Holy Ghost outpouring kind of church. It really took me by surprise. I was listening to a new mix CD that my friend Kerri sent me in the mail yesterday. (She makes the best worship song collections). Anyway, I was cleaning my kitchen and singing along with the CD around 10:30pm. This song came on while I was sweeping my floor.

And all of a sudden, BAM!

The presence of God came into the room so strong I had to stop sweeping. I started crying. You should have seen me, one hand raised high in the air, the other hand still holding on to the broom. I stood there, right by the highchair, sobbing and worshiping. 

It was incredible.

I've been to lots of revival services, tons of worship services, bunches of big church conferences. And last night was right up at the top as far as feeling the tangible presence of God.

Let me tell you, all you ladies reading this, God can meet you ANYWHERE and at ANY TIME. He is with you right now. And He wants to invade your life - right where you are.





6 comments:

  1. Thank you. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! love hearing stuff like this. That song is MY FAVORITE right now - heard it for the first time while lying in bed in Ethiopia - so perfect, so timely, so anointed! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, GREAT song--it's one I sent to my mom in her current crisis. Thanks for sharing openly about your experience--increases my expectation of His presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing that we need His Presence everywhere
    Kate in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post caught my heart....I am so overwhelmed to know that you are out there, praising Him with all your being....I am so blessed and humbled that HE is THAT big...I have started to wonder where you are....is my family, am I alone in this walk? I KNOW HE is there....but where is the BODY?! You have given me hope....lots of hope. Thanks so much for sharing this extremely special moment in your personal relationship with Christ. HE IS....

    Susan in New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin