Tuesday, August 23, 2011

how good and pleasant it is

I was up very late last night. I was working on sewing a custom order for the shop. I had a great time with God as I sewed and listened to worship from a conference that my church had years and years ago. (My hubby found a video set of the conference at yard sale recently - it's like 15 years old. And it's sooooo good!) Anyway, in between pinning and sewing, I took breaks and worked on a special guest post for my friend Taylor. She asked me to write about how I pray for my children. I can't wait to share it with y'all - I'll let you know when she posts it to her blog. Clint got home from work around 11:30 and then we talked for another hour or so as I sewed. It was a good night!

One of the things that I wrote about in that guest post is how I pray for my children to grow to love and have fun with all of their siblings. And I saw a glimpse of that little prayer being answered when I came downstairs this morning. I found Benjamin and Joseph sitting together on the couch. Still sleepy-eyed, hair rumpled, and shirtless, Benjamin was reading the back of the Wiggles video case to his little brother Joseph. They were sitting close together, heads leaned in towards each other, enjoying just being together. It was the sweetest thing. I ran and got my camera - I had to capture that moment. It's little moments like these that keep me going as a mother. That remind me what it's all about.





"Behold,  how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!"
Psalm 133:1

Let me encourage all you mamas out there: 
Keep praying! God hears the prayers you pray for your little ones! 
He is faithful. And He WILL answer the cries of your heart. 


******************************
linking here:





7 comments:

  1. oh! thanks so much! so grateful for these encouraging words today.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!!

    I read this this morning, ‎"The prayers we weave into the matching of socks, the stirring of oatmeal, the reading of stories, they survive fire." — Ann Voskamp

    So very thankful for the truth and encouragement of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two boys and I pray constantly that they grow up to stay friends (along with everything else). Love the reminder to pray and the cute pics of your boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Benjamin remind you of Grant in some of these pictures?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane2:18 PM

    How precious ! ! When Benjamin and Leo came to see us, we noticed how much more mature Benjamin seemed. They were drawing one day and I heard Benjamin tell Leo, "You're awesome at that, Leo...I can't even draw like that". Your prayers are yielding good fruit, Lora.
    The verse in Psalm 133:1 became our special verse as Gaile and I made tough decisions about Mama's care and her pastor made mention of it at her funeral. God is so Good !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precious Gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a constant prayer for my little ones too! Glad you were able to witness the moment.xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin