Monday, August 29, 2011

handmade gifts

I love to make things for people. I get such fulfillment and joy giving gifts. I guess it's one of my "love languages". And I am so thankful to God that He has helped me to learn how to create things with my hands. I truly believe that is a ministry that He has given me - to bless others, to encourage them, and to let them know that I care about them and have prayed for them while I was making their gift.

Since summer is almost over here at our house, I thought it would be fun to look back over my photos from the past three months and show y'all some of the handmade gifts that I've made this summer.

While I was at the beach for our big family vacation in June, I made four of these necklaces - for my mom, my two sister-in-laws, and myself. I thought it would be a special token for all of us to have to remember our time together at the beach.

I made this for my friend Jenn.
(you can read about it and see more photos here.)


I made these two little doll quilts for my dear friend Stephanie's little girls. They came up for a visit over 4th of July. The girls helped me pick out the fabrics and pushed the pedal down on the sewing machine a little bit. They loved helping. It was so cute!

I made Benjamin a little drawstring bag for his superhero figures. You can't see it really well, but there's a big applique on the front that says BATMAN. He really loved it!

I made this adoption necklace for my friend Danielle who is adopting twins from Ethiopia. 
(You can read about it and see more photos here.)

I made this necklace for my friend Stephanie for her birthday.

I made this necklace for the nurse at my children's pediatrician

And this one was for the nurse practicioner.
The two ladies were so excited to receive them. It made my day to see their faces light up in that little doctor's exam room!

*******************************************

There were several other gifts that I made this summer that I didn't photograph, too. 
It's been quite the crafty summer for me. :) 

I'll say it again, I love to make things for people! 

And handmade gifts are the absolute best, aren't they?

(I'd love to hear what you've made this summer, too!)


Just another way that my life is more lovely -
working with my hands to bring joy and smiles to my friends and family.

Linking up here:







9 comments:

  1. Wow! What beautiful gifts! You have been quite busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love to give handmade gifts. In fact, I think my family would think something was wrong if I gave a store bought gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what amazing gifts. I am so eager to take a look around your etsy store!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful gifts! Great idea with the doll quilts and bag, and naturally the necklaces are fabulous and personal which make them priceless!
    I love making things for others, too! But they have to be the 'right' kind of others- as in most of the guys in my family would not be thrilled to receive a handmade trinket or framed watercolor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has def. given you this gift. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the necklaces-you are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hooray for handmade!
    you are a mighty talented mama!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO pretty! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin