Friday, August 26, 2011

five things i love friday - pencil bouquets

"I would send you a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." 
(from the movie You've Got Mail)

School is on the brain, these days! Most of my friend's kiddos have already started school, but my little ones don't start until September 6th! I've been thinking about the first day of school. What a fun, exciting day! I've got so many great memories of my first day of school. I put together an etsy treasury last night featuring pencils. Nothing like beautiful photos of brand new pencils to bring back those "first day of school" memories!

For today's five things I love friday, here's five of my favorite pencil photos that were in my treasury:



Back to School Tiny Deer Colored Pencil Roll by babybolt



Wooden Pencil Box with lock, 1900s, Antique by sweetlynetreasures


I tried to find the video clip of the scene where Meg Ryan talks about bouquets of pencils, but I couldn't find it. So here's another happy little scene in the movie. Enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. I have always loved the first day of school and buying new school supplies. Lucky for me I get to buy supplies for 3 kids now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite movies, and that quote happens to be my favorite line as well! Good taste, girl! ;)

    Yes, pencils are wonderful. Thank you for sharing all the pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've Got Mail is one of my all time favorite movies (my husband's too)! Great soundtrack, and so many quotable lines! A few years ago, we made a trip to NYC, and visited several of the spots in the film. We never could find the spot where they met at the end, the garden in the park where the path curved...maybe on our next trip :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin