Saturday, August 20, 2011

desert song

I've had this little antique bronze camel charm for several years in my jewelry supplies. I haven't known what to make with it and was just waiting for the Lord to inspire me. Well, yesterday, the inspiration finally came!

I was holding that little camel in my hand, praying and asking God what He would want me to make with it, and suddenly, I heard the lyrics to one of my favorite worship songs "Desert Song" (by Brooke Fraser, of Hillsong) in my head.  

I knew that that little camel was to represent the desert, that rough place we sometimes go to in our journey with God. When we feel alone. When we feel exhausted, even dehydrated - dying of thirst.

Because it truly is in those places in the desert that our faith is tested. That we have to make the choice to praise God, even when we don't feel like it.

And let me tell you, I am convinced that the worship that we offer to the Lord when we are in the desert is one of the most beautiful sounds to His ears!  Oh, what a magnificent sound that must be to our God when we choose to trust Him in the midst of uncertainty, in the midst of loneliess, in the midst of being in the dry place!

(made with antique bronze camel charm, freshwater pearl, and 18 K gold plated chain)



the little freshwater pearl is to symbolize just that - fresh water
the living water that only He can bring to us in the desert place.

"This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides"




Let Him refresh you today. 
Let Him become that oasis in the desert. 
His living water will quench your dying thirst.

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs! What a beautiful message you brought to us. You are such a blessing, I am so glad the Lord brought us together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this :) how cute are you?! your jewelry is beautiful and I love the meaning behind what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that song, too! Thanks so much for your encouraging words, Lora!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin