Tuesday, August 30, 2011

and the word was made flesh

Yesterday afternoon, I had a very special package outside my front door from the mailman. A new metal stamp set for the Hebrew alphabet!! You have no idea how excited I am! I've been wanting to make hand stamped jewelry in Hebrew ever since I started this whole process last summer. And now my dream has become a reality!

Up until now, Hebrew stamps have been outrageously priced. I simply have not had it in my budget to buy them. As I was browsing through one of my favorite supplier's website last week, I noticed a Hebrew stamp set. She and her business partner just created them and were selling them at a price that was much less than I've seen anywhere else. So, a few days later (after a couple big sales on my shop - thank you, God - and with my husband's big stamp of approval), I made the investment. And I have to mention that Clint was the first one to suggest to me in the very beginning that I make jewelry in the Hebrew language. I just love that man!

As soon as that I brought that long-awaited box into the house, I dropped everything I was doing (well, first, I nursed the baby, then, I sat down at my dining room table. First things first... :) ) and I started creating!!

And this is the first Hebrew necklace that I've made:

oh my goodness. i'm in love.
this word is ahava
(the Hebrew word for love)

And can I also just share something really cool with you? I was almost shaking a little bit as I started to stamp out these amazingly beautiful Hebrew characters. I was just so excited. And I knew that God was with me in that moment. I could almost feel His hands on my shoulders, cheering me on somehow. And as I stamped out those four little letters, I heard, clear as day in my spirit,

"And the Word was made flesh."  
 (that's from John 1:14, by the way. I had to look it up later...) 

It was powerful. Really, guys. Powerful.

I don't know what it all means, but I know that it's good.

To think that this language is the language that Jesus spoke when He was here on earth as a child, as a man, as a King on that cross!

I know that God will continue to show me more and more about all this. Througout this whole jewelry making journey He's taken me on over the past few years, He's been speaking to me about the power of words. And the impartation they carry with them. But, I still know that there's more revelation to come... It's so exciting!

There's so much power in the words that come out of our mouths. In the words that we speak over ourselves, and say about ourselves.  And, I am learning, as I too wear these words on chains around my neck, that these words and scriptures can really and truly encourage me to set my mind on things above. They serve as a tangible reminder to wear the Word.

Can you tell I get kind of excited about all of this?! It really has become sort of a passion of mine. And I thank God for it. Cause it has been a huge blessing in my own life. And I've gotten to see it bless others as well.

ahava - love in Hebrew - hand stamped tiny copper and silver necklace

So, let me just say to you, dear friends out there:
Be mindful today of the words that you think and say.
There is power in those words.
Power to bring life.
Power to lift up.
Power to give hope.

Let's use our words today to encourage.
Let's use the Word to bring His life into our homes,
into our families,
into every place that our feet touch the ground.

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14
**********************




Linking with:







13 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18 AM

    I don't know hebrew but i think it's an amazing idea. I really enjoy reading our blog - it makes me smile lots. Thanks. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.10:54 AM

    I LOVE it! Beautiful!! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

    Praying for the perfect words.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! ahava it ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! and such a perfect piece to stamp first. LOVE. so cool. praise jesus! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. EverythingIam-blogspots.blogspots.com3:59 PM

    Oh my! I love this! I found your blog from my dear friends blog "CallmeBlessed". I want one that says "Jesus" in Hebrew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this one on your site and loved it immediately, now I love it more after reading about it! So glad you are doing what makes your heart leap! I wanted to congratulate you for getting to the 1,000 mark too!!
    xoxo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! what an amazing post... will be back later to reread when it's quiet and i can reflect. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are amazing and I can just feel how God is using you to bless others! That necklace is beautiful. thanks for linking up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love it when god speaks to us. LOVE IT! and you are right there is tremendous power in words.
    newest follower here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marjorie7:42 PM

    I am so moved to see how God is working through you! Words....yes they are so powerful. First we speak them and then we proceed to walk into them. They set our path. God bless you in all that you do. I'm sure He is smiling as He watches you work! Can't wait to receive my necklace. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin