Thursday, July 21, 2011

show and tell

Several days ago, a couple of lovely ladies that were here visiting all the way from Austria for a conference at Clint's school came by the house to buy some of my jewelry. They were so sweet and encouraging! It was such a special time! They bought lots of necklaces for the ladies in their church back home. We spent time together praying over the pieces and for the women that will wear them. After they left, I realized that my shop looked pretty bare, with all of those pieces sold now. (which is a good problem to have, by the way. And, it was truly a gift of provision from the Lord, because we had to have our air conditioning fixed in our van yesterday, and the money from those sales went towards helping to pay for part of the repairs.)

So, this week, I have been very busy trying to make some new jewelry to put on the shop so it doesn't look so bare. Here's some of what I've made so far:

soar - Hand Stamped Brass and Silver Necklace with 18K gold plated bird charm and indicolite swarovski

happy - Hand Stamped Copper Necklace with topaz swarovski

blessed - Hand Stamped Sterling Silver Necklace with amethyst swarovski and vintage pearl


Consider the Lilies Necklace - featuring beautiful vintage sterling silver plated lucite lily pendant

found - Hand Stamped Tiny Copper Necklace with vintage pearl

loved - Hand Stamped Sterling Silver Tiny Necklace with vintage pearl and fuchsia swarovski crystal bead

be still - Hand Stamped Brass and Silver Necklace with turquoise and yellow faceted rondelle bead


And, I wanted to show y'all one other thing I made today that I am pretty excited about! I had this vintage towel that had a few stains on it, but lots of it was still in great shape, so I decided to cut it up and make a fabulous pillow out of it!  In the words of Bob the Builder, "Reduce. Reuse. Recycle!"

I LOVE how it turned out! I know it'll make some vintage loving girl out there very happy. I don't think it'll stay in the shop too long - it's just too happy and retro and fun!

 

 

Fantastic Extra Long Pillow made with beautiful vintage chartruese and bright blue terrycloth

i love it!

And, if you just can't get enough vintage happiness, check out this awesome 70's polyester patchwork quilt top! so great...

Amazing Handmade Vintage Patchwork Quilt Top - Fun 70s Polyester

OK, that's enough show and tell for now. Sorry, folks! I was just super excited about all the new goodies in the shop! :)

Hope you are having a fantastic day so far!

4 comments:

  1. Love that happy necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that "blessed" necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want 1 of all of them! But seriously, "the Soar" is gonna have to come home to me..going to Etsy now. They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. These are amazing!
    That 'Be Still' one I need! Is it available in your etsy store?..I'll pop over and have a gander anyway!
    I'm in a season where He is reminding me to be still and know that HE IS LORD.
    Oh and thank you so much for popping over to my blog, it's nice to "meet" you!
    xx Stacey

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin