Sunday, July 17, 2011

ethiopian adoption necklace

My sweet friend Danielle and her husband are adopting twin 8 month old girls from Ethiopia. They are bringing them home very soon. I wanted to make her a special necklace to celebrate this exciting time in her life. 

One of her sons drew this picture awhile ago when they started the adoption process. 
I used it as a guide for Danielle's necklace.

it took me a long time to hand cut that piece of copper into the shape of Africa! 
it's not perfect, but i think it gives the likeness of it.

two hearts over ethiopia

around Danielle's neck :)

"I will not leave you orphans: I will come to you."
John 14:18

I really enjoyed making this special necklace for my friend.  I am so grateful that I can use this small talent to bless and encourage others.

If you had told me five years ago that I'd have a small business and ministry making  jewelry, I wouldn't have believed you. God likes to surprise us sometimes. He's showing me through this whole "eager hands" thing that He can use anything, however small it may seem, for His glory. I really believe that when we dedicate the works of our hands to the Lord, even little things like necklaces, He can take those things and multiply them in the Kingdom. He can cause them to bring far greater glory to Him that we ever could have imagined. He is so good!

Let me encourage you today -

Use the gifts that are inside you. Do whatever you can today to bring joy to someone else's life. Whether that means painting a picture, sewing a quilt, baking a cake, crocheting a scarf, stringing beads on a string, or even simply making the best peanut butter and jelly sandwich you can for that toddler in your kitchen...

Do it with your whole heart, giving glory to God. 
And I know that He will take that gift and multiply it! 


"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

*******************************
Linking up with:





****************************
Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. this is PERFECT! i have a few friedns that are adopting that would just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend adopting from Ethiopia too. Will you be making more?
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond beautiful. I have got to learn how to do some metal stamping because I am continually amazed by the beauty you ladies come up with.

    Great job!!

    Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what a beautiful necklace and encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for being such an encourager!
    that necklace is absolutely lovely. wow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lora, this is such a timely post for me and so encouraging. Thank you for stopping by my blog..I can't wait to follow along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw! What a powerful Blog! That was incredibly beautiful! Thank you for those words. BTW I adore that necklace it is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm always encouraged when i stop by here -- today was no different. the necklace is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin