Friday, June 24, 2011

what we've been up to...

There's a great little nature museum about 10 minutes away from our beach house. It's so fun for the kiddos! They've got these little craft sessions in the mid mornings (that are free!) so we took some of the the cousins to one called Turtle Tracks. The park ranger did a talk about turtles and showed us one and then the kids made their own turtle. Fun! Here's a few pictures of the kids making their craft:
leo with grandma

jonathan, micah, and lindsey (some of my brothers' kids)

working hard :)

sweet maddie

benjamin

micah with his skater haircut :)
(his mom's a hairdresser)
*****************************************

me and my sweet sister in law, Paula
she's one of my best friends

We're having a good time here. It's been super fun hanging out with all the family. My nieces, Lindsay and Madison (who are 10 and 7) have loved playing with Robert. They are like little mamas. It's so cute! And the other kids have enjoyed all their cousin time as well! I've really loved hanging out with my mom and my two sister in laws, Sheryl and Paula. Lots of girl time! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get down to the beach as much as I'd like. It's just kinda difficult with all these little ones to go there. It's very hot (like over 100 degrees), so I am not super keen about putting the babies out in that heat.  But, Clint and I have taken turns taking the older boys out to the pool and the miniature golf course. And we've gone to the beach in the evening when it's a bit cooler. And Clint was so sweet and watched all the kiddos yesterday so I could go to the beach all by myself. I walked along the shore and picked up seashells. And then I sat in the sand and let the water come over my legs again and again. Heaven!

Clint just came downstairs and told me he's going to take Benjamin and Leo out to the beach. I've gotta run and go get them ready. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all are having a wonderful much needed vacation!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin