Thursday, June 30, 2011

vision

You've probably noticed that my posts have not been the most enlightening lately. There's just been so much going on with me in my personal life that I just haven't had the strength or energy to sit down and blog about it all.

Have you ever thought, "God, I just can't take it anymore. I just can't go through one more setback, one more test, one more attack from the enemy."

Well, that's definitely been me lately. We've been in a rough patch lately. Lots of setbacks, lots of struggles, lots of attacks. And, I have to admit that I haven't handled them all with faith and trust. More often than not, I've cried my eyes out, questioned God, and given up.

But, still, through it all, GOD HAS BEEN FAITHFUL.

As He ALWAYS IS.

One of the things I've been battling is bad, bad headaches. Migraines, really. And they have been coming more frequently. It's been pretty awful. Since most of the pain has been localized in my eye area, I decided to start off with an eye exam. I thought that maybe my prescription had changed and that was the cause of the headaches.

This morning, after another setback, I put on my favorite worship/warfare cd, and began to worship. I cried out to the Lord and asked him for vision. I asked him to give me vision for my life; to help me to see my life as He sees it.

A couple of hours later, I drove to the eye doctor for my appointment. After the eye doctor examined my eyes, we sat down and had a talk. She said, "With your prescription, you don't need to be wearing glasses at all except for when you drive or in the movie theater."

I was shocked. Tears filled my eyes. I have worn glasses since I was 12 years old! Even my children have never really seen me without glasses on my face.

I could not believe it!

I am pretty sure that these awful headaches I've been getting are related to the fact that my eyes have been working so hard and straining to focus.

As I sat there in that doctor's office, the Lord began to speak to me.

I asked him for vision this morning. And He gave me new eyes.



What He did in the natural today, He is doing in the spiritual as well. 
He is giving me vision for my life. He is going to show me His perspective. 
And I will look different. My face will look different. My countenance will be changed.

The eye doctor said, "You've been putting these glasses on when you didn't need to be."

And the Lord spoke so sweetly to my spirit,
"Lora, you've been putting things on that I never asked you to put on. You've been carrying burdens that I didn't ask you to carry. When you look through the correct lens, my lens, you will see as you were always meant to see. You will know that everything I do is GOOD. That I am FOR YOU. That I love you. No matter what."
me, no glasses. :)

the little freckle in my eye that i've always loved.
now, you can actually see it!

*************************************

My circumstances haven't changed. 
But God has done a work in my eyes. 
My physical eyes and my spiritual eyes. 
And I am so thankful!


20 comments:

  1. NatalieY.6:25 PM

    I love it! I love it!! I love it!!! YAY, God!!!!! Woohoo!! Such an encouraging post. I feel the same way. I feel my 'eyes' are changing in how I see things, how I view my life, and even my priorities in some areas. Thanks for being such a good 'visionary' friend, Lora! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful--your eyes and the post!

    I recently got contacts, after wearing glasses since age 9. Quite the change for me, and not a little disconcerting. I still unconsciously push my non-existent glasses up the bridge of my nose, only to startle at being reminded that they're no longer there.

    I love being unencumbered, but I've been struck at how at times I feel more vulnerable without the "shield" of the glasses on my face. I think sometimes I hide, put up barriers, and now somehow I feel more exposed. Good and bad, I guess. Praying God will give me wisdom to be open and honest, without fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lora, Praise the Lord!!! I am thrilled for you. This post gave me the chills. God can do an amazing work, He is the ultimate healer. Makes me wonder what I've been "putting on" that He hasn't asked me to. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a moving post! And on a note a little less deep, I have a freckle on my right eye too! :) God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRAISE GOD!!!!

    HE is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Thank you for posting what you've been dealing with and how you've struggled alond the way. And yes, I have felt like "I just can't take it anymore," and instead of standing firm in what I believe, I often end up throwing myself onto my bed and dramatically cry out to Him. (Hmm maybe I should get back into theater ;)

    What a beautiful revelation in the midst of a struggle. God is so amazing. I love how He uniquely expresses His love and delight.

    You radiate in those pictures, Lora. There is a softness and wise strength in those eyes of yours. Principessa bella.

    : )

    hugs,
    kitsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! What an amazing revelation. Thank you for this lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome testimony. Thank you for sharing this.

    P.S. You have beautiful eyes, and you need a new photo on the top of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing! Thank you for sharing Lora! God is so good! Love how He goes beyond our requests and surprises us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise the Lord!!! How amazing!!! He is soso good and kind! Wow, Love Him!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12:30 AM

    I have a picture for you.... I've been wanting to send it for about a year, just waiting for the right time. I won't tell you too much about it but it is vintage and it is green. Email me your street#.....I know the rest! Lacyvferrell@gmail.com
    Lacy Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Lora!!! I'm so happy for you! God loves His children!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your eyes are really beautiful.
    Got my package today and I love everything. Thanks so much. You are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome and thanks for sharing. Gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lora, this is beautiful! And YOU are beautiful. Your eyes are radiating! Thanks so much for sharing your heart. I will be able to pray for you more specifically now.

    Praise the LORD for his work in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AMAZING!! Glory be to God!!! Thank you for sharing and for getting me to stop in the midst of my momentary crazy life to read your recent testimony! He is good! He is faithful!! And I, too, have that bad habit of taking on loads I am not meant to carry. What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin