Saturday, June 11, 2011

stacking cups

 I found this cute little set of vintage stacking cups today at Goodwill for 99 cents. I knew that Joseph would love playing with it.  He's really into stacking things and making "towers".  He's been playing with it all afternoon. I took some photos of him just a little bit ago.

As I was editing the photos, I couldn't help but get a spiritual truth out of the scene.

Joseph is learning basic motor development skills by stacking these little cups.

And whether he realizes it or not, he's finding joy in the learning process.
He's laying a foundation for greater skills that he will learn in the future. 

 And I couldn't help but ask myself,
"Are you finding joy in the learning process that God is taking you through right now?"


 "Are you allowing these trials/tests/stretching times in your faith to lay a foundation for your future?"

 Because everything that we go through in our lives, good or bad, is shaping us and refining us and making us more like Him.

We are learning the basics building blocks of faith
We are learning to trust
We are learning to cast our cares upon Him. 
 And when we have surrendered to the process, we can look back at our progress, at our tower of stacked cups, and we can smile. 

We can have the satisfaction of knowing that we persevered.
That we didn't give up. 
That we ran the race with endurance.

 And then we'll start all over again, stacking another tower of cups. 
Learning new lessons. 
Growing in our faith. 
Becoming more like Him.



2 comments:

  1. Let us be like clay in our Potter's hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this perspective. I think I need to read and re-read this post!

    "Are you allowing these trials/tests/stretching times in your faith to lay a foundation for your future?"

    Truthfully? No, not always. I fight and fight instead. Perhaps it's time for a new approach. Thanks for the alternate viewpoint :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin