Monday, June 6, 2011

new shoes and a new attitude


After my weight watchers meeting last saturday, I headed over to walmart to buy a new pair of tennis shoes. I thought having a brand new pair of shoes (and socks - I bought a whole pack!) would motivate me to start exercising. I have an amazing workout video that I really like, so first chance I got on Monday morning, I put that dvd in my computer and worked out right there in my kitchen, where I type out my blog posts every day.


(my hair, wet with sweat! yes!!)

I've worked out with this video three times so far (it would have been more this week, but we had to go out of town for the funeral...). And let me tell you, I am starting to love the feeling of getting sweaty! I never thought I'd say that! Ha! But, seriously, it feels so good. I feel so ALIVE. And I feel so proud of myself for making a good choice.

(if you look closely, you can see a drop of sweat running down my face, near my temple)
(that's a big deal, for this "always hated to exercise" girl)

I've actually been praying for several weeks now that the Lord would change my desires concerning exercising and eating. I truly want to be healthy. But, I gotta tell you, it is very difficult for me! I could totally eat a hot dog (or two) every single day. I'm not kidding.  And, I can count on my hand the times I broke a sweat (outside of labor) in the past couple of years. But, I am believing that God is going to place in me a desire, a craving even, for working out and for healthy food. That definitely would be a miracle in my life!

(don't I look happy? I think this whole exercising thing is gonna help me with my emotions and hormonal highs and lows, too...)

so, if you'd join with me and pray that God would help me in this area of my life, I'd so appreciate it!

And if you wanna take it one step further, come and join me on this new working out thing... (especially you ladies out there like me that haven't really exercised before). We can get healthy together!

 

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad for you! I am not quite there, yet, but I really want to want to exercise (does that make sense?). Physically things are difficult for me - excuses excuses, right? My littlest sprout is almost 5 months now, so I'm almost ready - just need my heart to be changed - like yours! I've been praying for you. Finish strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food. I've always loved food and I love eating large quantities of food! :) That worked for years because I was a runner and could eat pretty much whatever I wanted. When I became pregnant the first time I was extremely sick and stopped running, but never adjusted my eating habits!

    Ack! I'm right there with you girl! After three kids and 60 pounds to go, I'll be sweating out all summer and making some new food habits!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. To my sweaty girl:
    So proud of you and excited about the results!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I treated myself to some new workout clothes for my birthday, and it has made SUCH a difference! I don't really like to exercise either, but have been doing The 30 Day Shred for a few weeks now. I've definitely noticed a difference in my endurance level! Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying girl! Excercise is such an area of struggle for me too. I am laughing because when I found a friend that would go walking early in the morning with me I went out and bought a new pair of shoes. It just made me feel more like I would do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always get new workout clothes to encourage myself! I actually did pretty well last summer, but the Winter months are just so challenging for me -- who wants to exercise when it's cold out? Then getting back into the swing of things is really really hard for me! hahaha I am trying to eat healthier and work out too. I will be praying for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been trying to get the motivation to start exercising again. Thanks for the challenge, I am going to join you on your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pray for the same things too, Lora! :) I've been treadmilling and I can attest to the fact that it improves my emotional wellbeing and stablizes my moods. It has also helped clear up my skin, and while the scale doesn't say much, I've gone down 2 pants sizes and a shirt size, so the results are there. :) I'm beginning Lysa TerKeurst's Made To Crave too, so we'll see how that goes. Either way, WOOT for getting healthy! :) And I love me some Leslie Sansone too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! I've been walking Mon-Fri for the past 3 weeks and now I'm trying to find time to do an excercise dvd 3 times a week. We eat whole grains and I'm looking at making my own bread, which I've heard makes a huge difference in how your body feels and acts. I'm just waiting for God to give me a deal/way to get a grain mill. It's good to know someone else is doing this too! We can encourage each other. The hardest part is when it means taking time away from other things I need to do for my family. Uggh! Why is that so hard?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin