Thursday, June 9, 2011

my sweet leo

With our last minute trip to Georgia for Grandmama's funeral, I didn't have time to blog about the end of the school year. Last week, Benjamin completed the first grade, and Leo graduated from kindergarten. Leo's teacher had a little graduation ceremony for the children. It was so sweet. Here's a few photos (sorry about the quality of some of them - don't know what happened with my camera that day)

Leo's reading an entire chapter out of the Bible here - he read aloud to the class every day.

Leo's teacher "knighting" him (the school mascot is the "knights"). So, when each child walked across the stage to receive their little diploma, she put a robe and a crown on them. (It also went along with her class' theme/decoration. She loves Narnia.)

Prince Leo

he loves his teacher!

me and my sweet leo

I'm so proud of him! It was a challenging year for him. We put him in kindergarten a little bit early (he turned 5 the first week). He was fine academically (he was already reading!), but struggled some in the behavior/social areas. He really came a long way this year! He's grown so much. 

I'm so thankful to God for carrying Leo through this year. I confess that I doubted and worried about whether he would be able to finish the year. But, God was so faithful, and helped my sweet boy to complete the class. Thank you, Lord!

Congratulations, Leo!
*********************************************

Have a great day, my friends!


1 comment:

  1. We love him and are so proud of him. He really persevered!
    Grandma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin