Thursday, June 16, 2011

blessed


I've been learning throughout the past year with this hand stamping jewelry thing that God loves to take my "mistakes" and make something new, carrying a fresh, now word, for a specific individual. I've seen time and time again how He's used the pieces that I thought I messed up and made it into something better that truly blessed someone.

I used to get really upset when I messed up a piece and had to cut up the metal (especially sterling silver, which is SO expensive right now!). But, now, I've learned to just realize that God had other plans for that little piece of metal. There was just another necklace there to be made - for a specific person!

I love what I do - truly. I am honored that I get to be a part of this little ministry. I love that I can stamp a word or phrase and when that person wears it around their neck, it's like they are literally wearing the Word. They are extending their faith and receiving the impartation of the essence of that word from the Lord. It's powerful stuff!! (can you tell I am passionate about what I do?! :) )

I had a custom order to make yesterday, and let's just say, the stamping was not going according to planned. I had to cut up not one, but two sterling silver discs. I just rolled with it and looked at the scraps of silver left. I sat down and waited for God to show me what HE wanted on that first piece of metal.

And I heard it clear as day: blessed.

I also knew that I was supposed to stamp a bird. (a mama bird, to be exact.)

I thought of two scriptures as I was stamping:

"Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:28

"...He gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11


I am really excited to see who this piece is for. Because I know that God went to great lengths to have me make this just. for. them.

And to all you mothers out there - a word of encouragement for you, inspired by this necklace:

*********************************************

You are blessed. And one day, your children will rise up and call you blessed. 

I know it is hard now. Little ones running all around you. Never enough time in the day. Being stretched to your limits. Feeling overwhelmed. Tired. Sometimes unappreciated. 

But, hear me - "He gently leads those that are with young." 

Look at that mama bird - She sits on her eggs, protecting them, keeping them warm, helping them grow, selflessly giving of her time and her desires, for the sake of her young. One day, she will rise up and let her little ones step out of the nest and fly to the heights!

You are just like that mama bird!

One day, you will rise up and watch your little ones leave the nest and go into the world and soar to the heights!

My sweet sisters, don't give up
God will help you. He will strengthen you. He will gently lead you. 
He is with you! Always.

********************************************

7 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your post! how neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not know that you did this? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your story behind each piece. Very inspired! I myself am discovering wisdom in the book of Proverbs one chapter each day for the month of June. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with this post...every word. The necklace is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such truth in your words. God uses my weaknesses, not my strengths, to magnify His strength. Such a hard lesson to learn. Your illustration is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been gone from blog-land for a while. I'm facing a few issues in my family that are downright terrifying, so I've been just spending a bunch of time in prayer and worship and drawing close to God. Its taken me 2 hours just to SCAN my blog list, and I wanted to actually READ yours, so I saved it for last. Thanks. I totally needed this word - I'm really struggling right now...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin