Saturday, June 25, 2011

be still

I've had a few chances to make some jewelry while I've been here at the beach. I've made most of the cousins little necklaces, and I also made matching necklaces for all the ladies (me, my mom, and my two sister in laws). We decided on the phrase {be still}. We thought that was a perfect phrase for a reminder of our time together at the beach, just relaxing and being together. Here's a couple photos:

 
{be still}
(copper pendant with turquoise on sterling chain)

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Psalm 46:10

*******************************************************

I also made this little necklace for the shop.
(The word on it and the bead were definitely inspired by my time here at the beach.)

 

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'"
Matthew 11:28

*******************************************

Last night, Clint and I got all the kids together and braved the pool! It was pretty much a miracle getting everybody together and in their swimsuits/floaties, etc. and in the car. When we all got in the pool, though, everything calmed down and we really enjoyed ourselves! Robby really loved being in the water. It was so cute!

And Ruth and I had some alone time on the beach this morning. We sat together in the sand and let the water wash over us. And we collected shells to put in her princess bucket. It was fun. 

We're gearing up to leave tomorrow morning. Lots of gathering up of stuff scattered around the big beach house. Hopefully, we'll have another chance this evening to take the kiddos to the beach.

Have a great day, everybody!


4 comments:

  1. I love your jewelry. Such great work. I especially like "be still;" that's one that I constantly have to remind myself of. Awesome detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Be Still necklace. I may have to order my word for the year from you next year (if you take special orders :)

    Just recently I ordered some hoop art that says "Be Still" (pictured in my last 10 on ten set). I hung it on one of the two windowless walls in Ada's room and just now realized that it is over her changing table. Even though those two words don't literally mean to 'be still' it's ironic given that changing her diaper is like wrestling a greasy, angry octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet jewelry! I love the phrases you chose, short, but they speak volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love 'be still' i have a bracelet that is stamped with 'be still and know'...i never take it off. i love it :) your jewelry is just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin