Monday, May 2, 2011

vintage quilt love

Saturdays are usually my days to have alone time. Clint watches the kids during naptime in the afternoon so I can go away and escape for a few hours. It is a most needed time for each week to re-charge! I usually go out to lunch and then spend the rest of my time searching for vintage treasures.

This weekend, God was definitely smiling upon me because I found six of the most AMAZING vintage quilt tops!!! I was so excited! They are exquisite. And three of them were stitched entirely by hand! Think of all the work that went into making these beauties. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday admiring them and then photographing them and getting them ready to put in the shop. Here's some photos:

just looking at this photo makes me happy

polyester, flannel, and cotton all worked together to make a wonderful retro quilt.
and look at all those fun vintage prints!

isn't that AMAZING?!!

this one even had the little pins and bits of numbered papers attached to it!

here's the whole thing - it's a Flying Geese pattern 
i really love this quilt top - so colorful!

the yellow print on this Birds in the Air Quilt Top is so sweet - can you see the little birdies?

and an adorable Sun Bonnet Sue quilt was also in the bunch!

this Brick patterned one is also just gorgeous!

the fantastic retro prints in this Four Patch Quilt Top are so bright and fun!


To see the whole list of all six quilts and more photos, click here.

******************************************************

I'm linking this post up to Heather's Life Made Lovely Monday because finding vintage quilt treasures really does make my life more lovelyClick here to go see all the other blogs participating.



Have a great week!

Lora

5 comments:

  1. How blessed you are!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora! I am so excited for the blessing the Lord had waiting for you! And 3 have already sold-Praise the Lord!! So glad you had a good "alone" time! I know how much it is needed. Have a blessed week my friend! Manda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a quilt... those colors and patterns are timeless! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin