Saturday, May 14, 2011

re-covering my stools and a saturday update

Remember when I got my kitchen bar stools? (I blogged about them here.)

Well, it's been nine months since I got them and those cute seat covers I made for them have gotten majorly stained from the kiddos and their peanut butter and jelly fingers... So, it was definitely time for a re-do!

I found this beautiful vintage Waverly striped upholstery fabric last week at the thrift store and I knew it would look really great on the stools. The colors are perfect for my kitchen! So, yesterday, during naptime, I re-covered the stools. What do you think?




I have almost a yard left of this beautiful fabric. I am trying to decide what to make with it. Do you think I should make a valance for my kitchen window, or would that be too matchy-matchy? Or, maybe a pillow for my living room?  Decisions, decisions....

*********************************************

In other news, I just completed my first week back at Weight Watchers! Yep, it's that time again....
So, here's the first week's results:

Starting weight - 180 lbs
Today's weight - 177.5 lbs
Total loss - 2.5 lbs!!!

Only 32.5 pounds to go! I can do it! It only took me six months, but now I am motivated! :)

*********************************************

My dear friend Jenn is visiting! She's here for a few days with her miracle baby Haven. And I'm hosting a little girl's night at my house tonight for all of her close friends that live here. I'm excited!

*********************************************

One other thing that I'd so appreciate your prayers for -

I've hurt my hands. I've been working hard these past couple of weeks preparing for my table at the women's conference I'm selling my jewelry at. Well, I guess I've overdone it because my hands, especially my left hand, are very sore and a little bit swollen. I've had to take a break in making jewelry. And it's killing me! I love to make it, and it's been really hard for me to say no.  But, I don't want to make it worse... So, under the strict instructions of my husband, I am staying away from my tools for a few days. Please pray that my (eager) hands will heal up quickly so I will have a few days before the conference to finish up my preparations and last minute necklaces.  And, if you have any suggestions for things to do for my hands to help my joints and soreness, please let me know!

Have a good day!

5 comments:

  1. the stools look great and you rest your hands! i understand about eager hands! :-) i have them too! but just rest them a few days and you will feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric! I'd do the whole kitchen in it.

    And praying for that hand to heal up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the hands thing. It's the main reason I don't crochet all that often, my hands will cramp up and get tingly if it's the only thing I've been doing with them for a few days so crochet projects tend to take a lot longer for me since I have to take breaks in between working on them. Praying for healing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, go back and forth with soaking your hands in ice water until you can't stand it anymore, and then put a hot hot bath towel on them. I really think it will make a difference for you. Our massage therapist friend in Destin told us about it awhile back and we've done it before for different things. Bob and I were just talking about it this morning because my hands have been hurting to, but I don't have a conference to get ready for. Anyway, she told us that when she first started doing massage therapy that her hands would hurt so bad and that the ice water and heat were the only thing that really helped. Love you and pray they will heal up fast. Be patient. It will all come together.<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stools are great! I'm always scared to do anything in stripes - it's hard to get them straight! '------ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ggbbb
    (that's from my daughter - I think it means "have a blessed day")
    I was praying for you and your hands this weekend....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin