Thursday, May 12, 2011

isabella ruth's day

Four years ago today I gave birth to my only girl. I asked the hospital staff not to tell me the gender of the baby, but to just let me "discover" it on my own. The midwife handed the baby to me and I looked at my sweet newborn and felt her little body. I exclaimed with such delight, "It's a girl!!!" I was SO HAPPY to have a girl.

Isabella Ruth

she was born on Mother's Day weekend - what a gift!

the nurse put a little pink yarn bow on top of her head.  :)

I am so thankful for Ruth! In a house full of boys, she is a welcome female presence!  She is all girl, too. Loves pink and princesses and sparkly things.  She is a strong willed child. Independent. She knows what she wants. She is affectionate and loving. She calls me "honey". She loves to sing and dance. She is a blessing to this mama's heart.

Happy Birthday, Ruth!
I love you, 
Mommy  







Ruth, I pray today that you will always know how beautiful you are, inside and out. I pray that you will grow to love Jesus with your whole heart, that you will become a true worshiper and dancer before Him. I pray that you will be strong woman of God, influencing the world around you for Him. And I pray that one day you will also have the joy of being a wife and mother.

isabella - "consecrated to God"
ruth - "friend, companion"

****************************************************************

I am going to extend my giveaway for the *happy* stamped copper pendant until 9pm tonight so more people have the chance to enter. So, head on over to the previous post and enter to win!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lora

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ruth! She's so beautiful just like her Mama! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I love that she calls you "honey". Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the prophecy you speak over her life with such a strong name! We did the same with our daughter. Sophia means Wisdom and Frances means Freedom.

    What an awesome idea to find out the gender all on your own! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable, hope you celebrate her day in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin