Monday, April 4, 2011

simple pleasures in the morning

I love Cafe Francais.

It's a "coffee drink" that comes in a little metal tin with a red plastic top. I've been drinking it every morning for years. And it's one of my favorite parts of my day. Really.

There's something comforting about routine. I may not be able to control how my days go, especially having five young children, but at least I know how they are going to start:

With a piping hot cup of Cafe Francais in one of my many wonderful vintage mugs. And usually accompanied with toast with butter and strawberry jam.

Definitely one of the highlights of my day.

(this is my favorite mug, too)

(love that Joseph's little hand is in this shot)

yummy!!!

now, i am all set to start my day!

And I just have to mention that my mom is my supplier. :) She sends me a box each month. She drinks the same coffee every morning, too! Maybe that's one of the reasons why I love it so much. It's something that my mom and I share in common. And I often think of her when I'm sipping my morning Cafe Francais. :)
I always get a big smile on my face when I see that box on my front doorstep with the mail.

********************************************************

Linking up with Life Made Lovely


7 comments:

  1. What a great way to start the morning! especially, with a reminder of mom. the best. :) happy day to you. xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find great comfort in routine as well!! Except my drink of choice is black tea :) I love your pretty mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of you, too, when I drink my Cafe Francais. Such a little thing, but a sweet way to start the day. I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was mt breakfast too....coffee and toast...yum

    april

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a very specific coffee routine too. I look forward to it before I go sleep at night. The tradition that you have with your mom is very touching. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some morning coffee, but I like it strong and black. Sometimes a tipple of H&H. I think it's neat that you and your mom drink the same thing.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I have your cup's cousins!! They have been jumping into my cart at the thrift shops. :)
    Elise

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin