Thursday, April 28, 2011

faith and glory

The process of how I make jewelry is different each time I sit down to create. Sometimes, I have a scripture in mind first and then I make a piece that is inspired by that scripture. Other times, I know the word or words I want to stamp and as I begin to make the piece, I am reminded of a scripture that fits the piece. And sometimes, I sit down with no idea of what I make. I just sit and pray and wait for God to speak to my heart.

I had recently bought some new sterling discs, and I wanted to make a new necklace with one of them. I sat down staring at the little disc on the my steel bench block. And as just as soon as I sat down, I heard the word "faith". And after I finished stamping the disc, I decided to hammer it as well. Hammering a disc is a loud, long process. As I was hammering, I was reminded of the phrase "the testing of your faith." And then when I was through with the disc, I looked for a bead to put on top. I picked up this amazing faceted bead that reflected the light so beautifully. It immediately reminded me of the glory of God. I was so excited when I put it all together, because I knew that God had a special meaning in store for this little necklace, and more importantly, for the woman that will wear it.

And as, I searched the scriptures, I couldn't wait to discover what passage God had in mind. I found it quickly, and was so happy because all of the elements that I had thought of while I was making it were there (scroll down to read the amazing scripture).

I love how God uses this little jewelry making thing in my life to draw me closer to Him! It truly is a worship experience for me. I love to discover more of who He is and how He loves us!!


"Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory. We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."
Romans 5:1-5


Isn't that scripture awesome?!  I was in awe when I found it right after I had made the necklace. Every little thing I had done (picking the word, hammering the silver, choosing the faceted bead...) all had meaning to God. He can use anything, my friends!

When we feel like we are being "hammered", we can rest in the knowledge that "...We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance." (vs 4)

And we can also confidently look forward to sharing in God's glory because of our faith in Him!

What a blessing!

Oh, I wanted to mention one more cool thing. As I was checking to see the exact type of bead I had picked to put on this necklace, I discovered that the bead (a faceted platinum Czech glass bead, by the way) was "fire-polished". I got so excited when I discovered that because I knew that was not a coincidence! I thought of this verse:

"This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"  Zechariah 13:9

How awesome!!

So, today, I am going to thank God for my faith in Him. I am going to thank Him for the testing He has allowed me to go through. Because I know that this testing, this refining, this hammering, is producing an endurance and a strength in my spirit. And I am going to rejoice today because I know that one day I will share in God's glory because of my faith in Jesus!

Won't you join me?  Thank Him, too, for the testing of your faith. It is being polished in the fire and you will come forth as GOLD!

Hallelujah! 

Lora

3 comments:

  1. It is so pretty... one of these days I am going to get one of your neclases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lora. I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin