Thursday, April 21, 2011

autism awareness jewelry

APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH.

I've created a special section in my shop this month called "Autism Awareness Jewelry". Every necklace in that section features a puzzle piece, the symbol for Autism Awareness.

20% of the sale of any of those necklaces will be donated to my dear friend Jenn of http://www.makemineblue.etsy.com/. The money will be put towards costs for her five year old son Rowan's in-home therapy for Autism.

{rowan}
(If you want to read an amazing post that Jenn wrote about him on her blog, click here)
Here's a few of the necklaces:

"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." I Corinthians 13:7

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen." Hebrews 13:20-21

"But those who HOPE in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

(Click here to see the entire section.)

These necklaces would make really wonderful gifts for mothers of children with autism, as well as for special teachers and therapists.  If you know someone like that, think about getting one of these necklaces to bless them and let them know that you care and are praying for them...

Would you please consider getting one of these necklaces to help support Jenn, as well as raise awareness for Autism? It would really mean a lot, and I know it would bless Jenn so much!!!

(And know that she did not ask me to do this. I just really wanted to help her ease the financial burden a little bit - she and her husband have sacrificed so much to be able to provide this life changing therapy for their son!)

Thanks so much!!

8 comments:

  1. you are so sweet and such a great friend!! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son has Asperger's Syndrome. Several of my friends have kids on the autism spectrum as well. I love what you are doing. I especially love the "chosen" one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora, I just featured you and Jenn on my blog today. I hope it's okay that I snagged a few photos of your awesome autism awareness jewelry and linked back to your shop. What a wonderful thing you're doing! :-) I'm proud to be Ro's auntie and glad to be able to feature your beautiful handiwork today over at Snowflakes To Hotcakes. :-) And by the way, the "treasure" and "chosen" ones are my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora - I love your heart. Jenn is so blessed to have a friend like you! My sister has 7 children, and 2 of her girls are autistic so I understand how expensive ABA and other therapies can be. And the stress of having more than one child and knowing how to take care of all of their needs - what a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shared this blog post on my Facebook page. Hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! That's very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that you wrote a post on autism awareness. I work with special needs children, and autistic kids hold a special place in my heart. They are so wonderful, so full of love! If only they all had loving parents like your friend. Rowan is a cutie pie! :)

    I like all the jewelry. It's so thoughtful and creative, I love how they all have scripture. Simply beautiful. You're a great person for doing this for your friend. I know that God is going to bless you because of your kind heart.


    ~Alexia
    princessofgod777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin