Friday, March 11, 2011

one of the many reasons why i love my husband

He is a fantastic father.

A few weeks ago, he and the boys were grocery shopping at Wal Mart, and he noticed that Leo was smitten with a particular toy. (an AquaMan vs Black Manta "Undersea Assault" toy, to be exact) It was an expensive toy, I think $20.00.  (Usually, we get toys from garage sales and thrift stores) Well, Clint secretly went back to get the toy for Leo. It wasn't there. So, for the past three weeks, he's been scouring diferent Wal Marts to find that AquaMan toy. And just so you know, my husband does not have much free time. Actually, he doesn't really have any free time. He works very long hours to provide for our family. (another reason why I love him...)

Well, the other night, he came home with a Wal Mart bag tucked under his arm. Inside, was the toy! He had finally found it! And yesterday, he was so excited to give it to Leo as a reward for extra special good behavior at school this week. 

Here's some photos:

(he's still in shock here)

so happy!






i love this one!

*********************************************

So, Clint, if you're reading this, this little act of love for your son reminded me, yet again, of why I love you.  I'll say it again, you are a fantastic father!

And through this sweet little father/son exchange, I'm reminded yet again of my Heavenly Father, and how He loves to give His children gifts!  This is the scripture that comes to mind: 

"If you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him." Matthew 7:11 


Hope you all have a great day!

(I am trying to get well today. Woke up early this morning feeling pretty awful. Clint took care of the kids so I could rest and recover. I am just now up and feeling a little better. I'd appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery!)

Lora

ps-don't forget about the giveaway for the JOY Hand Stamped Sterling Silver Necklace. Go here to enter!

4 comments:

  1. awesome!! i love that last pic...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet story! I just love it! Leo looks like Benjamin in the 2nd picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!!! Will be praying for a quick recovery! Was just reading through Matthew 7 today and was mediating on that exact verse. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help saying...."That's my boy" ! ! !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin