Thursday, March 17, 2011

on my walls

Yesterday's wordless wednesday post got me thinking. I thought it would be fun to show you guys what is on the walls in my house.  A little tour, if you will...

So here you go:

We'll start in the entryway:

vintage framed crewelwork
(thrifted)

vintage painting of pitcher and apples
(yard sale)

vintage painting of Jesus
(gift from my parents when we moved into this house. it hung on the walls of my childhood home.)

vintage woodcut of hummingbird
(gift from a friend. her uncle made it!)

vintage painting of ship
(estate sale)

moving into the dining room:
vintage painting of country cottage
(estate sale)

watercolor of heart and crown of thorns
(given to clint and i by a sweet lady we met at a church conference years ago)

in the living room:

abstract oil painting
(the artist, who is a neighbor, gave it to me a few years ago)

iron cross
(from garden ridge, of all places!)

painting of tree and thinker
(we bought this from an artist in the area right after we moved here. he painted it in during a prayer/worship service. it's a great conversation starter!)


woodcut family sign
(made by a friend of a friend)

tiny vintage painting of a coastline
(thrifted)

in the kitchen:

paper garland

vintage framed cross stitch
(thrifted)

vintage framed cross stitch
(estate sale)

vintage pennsylvania dutch sign
(yard sale)

vintage painted wood plaque

vintage pennsylvania dutch sign
(yard sale)

powder room:

acrylic painting of ocean and boat without a sail
(yard sale - the woman who painted it sold it to me for $2.00. she told me she never finished it, but i loved it just the way it was!)

****************************************************


 
Well, hope you enjoyed the tour of my downstairs! Maybe I'll do the upstairs for another post in the future...

As you can see, my husband and I love finding treasures at estate sales, thrift stores, and yard sales. Especially art treasures... Each piece has a story, and is truly one-of-a-kind (with the exception of that iron cross from Garden Ridge - haha!) 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lora

4 comments:

  1. So much lovely art on your walls! And, the portrait of Jesus brings back so many memories. I grew up seeing a similar one in the homes of my friends and family. I don't have quite as much, but am working on selecting things I truly love to brighten up my apartment.

    Would you mind if I used this as a post idea for my blog in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them all. Love the crown of thorns and the heart
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your walls get a lot more lovin' than mine do. Love the dutch prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when I saw your "house special!" LOL! It is our house special, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin