Friday, March 25, 2011

help japan

It's been so sad to watch on the news and read on the internet about the terrible devastation going on over in Japan. I haven't blogged about it until now. It's just so hard to even know what to say. Words just aren't sufficient. The other night, I was in bed and had an idea of a small way that I could help. I decided to make a couple of necklaces with Japan in mind and then put them on my etsy shop. 100% of the proceeds from these sales will go directly to World Vision to help in the tsunami relief.

World Vision distributes relief supplies to meet the daily needs of quake and tsunami survivors. They also focus their efforts on responding to the emotional needs of children, who are the most impacted after such a traumatic event.

For more information, go to www.worldvision.org/tsunami

Whoever buys this necklace can feel good knowing that 100% percent of the money they spend will be donated to World Vision to help the people of Japan. And I know that the necklace will also serve as a reminder to pray for the Japanese people whenever it is worn.


(the red bead symbolizes the red dot on Japan's flag)

"The leaves of the trees are for the healing of the nations." Revelation 22:2

I also planned to let y'all know about this other necklace, but I sold it a couple of hours after I listed it last night! Thanks so much, Stephanie! :)


"Pray without ceasing." I Thessalonians 5:17


3 comments:

  1. I really feel for those in Japan who have suffered through all this. The families that have been torn apart. Mothers without their children. Children without their parents. It just seems unfair. It really touches me that you're doing this because I think about what would happen if this happened to me and my family. The beach is 3 blocks away from our house and it terrifies me to think that this could really happen to anyone, anywhere.
    Every little bit counts and matters and helps. This is part of my contribution.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetheart to do something to benefit Japan. I have ordered the tree necklace and cannot wait to get it. I have loved seeing your posts with your jewelry displayed....now I will finally have some of your beautiful work.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very generous of you to donate the proceeds - and I'm sure the lovely jewelry you made for this will sell in no time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin