Thursday, March 31, 2011

delighting to sit in his shade

There's a lot on my heart to share today.

I've already had an encounter with Jesus this morning, and I am so thankful. My eyes are still wet from the tears.

You know those days, when you can just feel an "anticipation" in your spirit;

when you know that He is coming.
that He's on His way to take you over.
to wreck you (in a good way).

I sat down at my computer this morning, thinking and praying about what to blog about today. I knew that I wanted to share about a new necklace I made recently. But, as I got further into it, the revelation that I got from this little necklace started to overtake me. I am starting to cry again! Man...

"...dark am i, yet lovely."
"...dark am i, yet lovely."

in spite of my sin, i am lovely to Him. i am beautiful.
He wants me.
He wants to be with me.

He wants YOU, dear one.

there is no sin too great - all can be forgiven. right now. in an instant.
all you have to do is ask.

"dark am i, yet lovely."

And as you and I embrace that we are lovely to Him,
we can take refuge in Him, and delight to sit in his shade.

No more striving.

We can be still.

And know.

That He is God.

And we are His!

"Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my lover among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste."
Song of Solomon 2:3


"Dark am I, yet lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem,
dark like the tents of Kedar, like the tent curtains of Solomon."
Song of Solomon 1:5

**************************************************

are you delighting to sit in his shade today, lovely one?


sit back, rest your weary body against that strong tree trunk.
let the branches sway above your head.
feel the soft breeze.
smell the ripe apples.


He is with You.


He will give you rest.

6 comments:

  1. lovely:)
    thankyou.
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your posts, girl! Keep close to Him. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, friend! and i love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NatalieY.1:27 AM

    Beautiful... All of it... Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin