Monday, March 14, 2011

care packages & a homework assignment

I had such a sweet surprise on Saturday. One of you lovely blog-readers out there sent me a care package in the mail! Christina's been following my blog for awhile now, and has also bought some jewelry of mine. Her comments over this past year or so have always blessed me so much. She is such an encouragement to me!

Well, when I saw that big box was at my door Saturday afternoon with her name on the return address, I was so excited! It was filled to the brim with handmade goodies, games and treats for the kiddos, and some fun little surprises for me. Awesome!! Here's some of the little gifts:

a GORGEOUS crocheted blanket that she made herself
(it is so soft and cuddly! I've already used it a bunch, and doesn't it look pretty on my recliner?)

butterfly and flower shaped silly bands for Ruth
(she was so excited because all of the silly bands we have are for boys)

farm animal stickers for joseph

fun spring shaped playdough molds and pastel playdough
(here's leo holding up one he just did of a frog)

the prettiest pair of earrings for me!
(it was so fun to get jewelry as a gift from someone, because i am always mailing out my jewelry for others)

There were several other fun goodies in the box. These were just the highlights. We've had a rough couple of weeks since we've been fighting this virus, so it was so nice to receive such a wonderful care package. The kids loved their little goodies (and pop-rocks, too! - thanks, Christina!). It really brightened their day, and helped them forget about their colds for a little while. And I really felt loved and appreciated. It was just what I needed.

It also reminded me that all of you sweet readers out there are real, living, breathing women. Not just a username on the internet. We are all real people, trying our best to live out our day-to-day lives as wives and mothers. Trying to be a light in this world. Trying to be the best we can be for God. And I am realizing it is so important that we do what we can to encourage eachother and lift eachother up.

So, Christina, I just want to take this moment to publicly thank you for being a vessel for the Lord. He really used you to minister to my heart and show me His love. :)

************************************************************

Is there someone that has enouraged you that you haven't thanked yet?  Here's your homework assignment (haha):

Go and thank them - whether it be with an email, a letter, or even a care package. Show them you care. You have no idea how much it could bless them and lift them up at just the right moment!


Lora

ps-today is the last day to enter Michelle's giveaway for my JOY necklace. Go here to enter.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Lora,
    I didnt deserve that. :) But i just want to encourage your readers out there, we are all women with real faces out there. Whether we blog, or comment. We as women have a big responsibility raising our families, and there needs to be a source of tangible refreshing for us to continue. God is the main source, but we need others to be His hands and feet, to grace eachother with encouragement. Encouragement is like a breath of fresh air after working all day in the trenches. So please, encourage eachother in their journey. Whether it is your family, friends, or a blogger. Encourage her. She needs you.
    Blessings to you and yours, christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that was SO sweet of your friend, happy mail is always fun and nice :)

    I am SO excited to have entered your giveaway and keeping my fingers an toes crossed that I win your beautiful necklace :)

    I am your newest follower and love your corner of the internet, and your beautiful family may you guys always be blessed :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, but I would like to point out that not all your readers are women!

    While I do enjoy reading your blog, especially the scripture verses that go with the words you stamp on your jewelry, I am most definitely not a woman!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin