Thursday, February 17, 2011

vintage hymnal paper and twine garland

I am loving this little garland that I got from a great etsy shop called barking birds a few days ago. The shop owner made it with with twine and pages from a vintage hymnal. It is so unique!

It fits perfectly draped over the large mirror on top of my fireplace mantle in my living room.

I love looking at the little circles and trying to make out what the hymn lyrics could have been. Anybody got any ideas of what this particular hymn is?


seeing double
(here's a part of the garland and its reflection in the mirror)

i love that word!
hmm... that's giving me an idea for another necklace to stamp!

I think it really adds that extra special "vintage charm" to my mantle, don't you?


I was really happy to discover that my favorite word of all made it onto the garland :)

************************************************************

So, there you have it. I just wanted to show and tell!

I am going to be super busy today!

Here's my agenda:

morning -cleaning, packing etsy orders, tending to the kiddos
lunchtime - teaching a jewelry-making class to 5th grade girls at the school
afternoon - more cleaning and making some custom orders
evening - hanging out with my wonderful in-laws! clint's parents are arriving in the late  afternoon for a visit! i'm super excited!

so, I gotta run!! lots to do...

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Lora

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for the peek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage hymnal idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great and I'm so glad that you are happy with it. Thank you so much for the mention! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lora!
    Did one similar at Christmas time.
    Love having words to hymns visible.
    I was thinking that one of the circles had "Spirit of God, Descend Upon My Heart" on it.
    Maybe not.
    Worth the time to reread the lyrics of that song.

    Have a good weekend.
    !!!
    Dawn @ 4:53 am

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin