Sunday, January 2, 2011

surprise anniversary getaway - part one

My sweet husband whisked me and the baby away for a surprise 10th anniversary getaway!
I was blown away!
On Wednesday night, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, and her son that's Benjamin's age, pulled into the driveway. I was so surprised to see them! They made the 9 hour drive up to come and watch the four older children for us so we could go away. (I didn't know that at the time though. I thought they were just coming up for a visit for Clint's birthday. Clint told me the following morning that we were going away that afternoon and to pack my bags!)

here we are in the car on our way to a surprise destination!!

we drove up a big mountain in Chimney Rock, NC and i was amazed to see the very same little cabin that we stayed in on our honeymoon!

*happy tears*
i felt SO LOVED!!
(Clint told me that he'd been secretly planning this for months)


my man

my other little man
(who was an absolute angel on the trip!)

matching white robes! haha...
and the hot tub on the back porch.
it was so fun sitting in the hot tub with the snowy forest all around us!
heaven!

antique claw foot tub

another sweet surprise
i took a little nap when we got there and when i woke up, this was on the kitchen table.
clint had laid out about fifty pictures of our life together over the past ten years.
all our sweet memories...
isn't that romantic?!

he also put out the very same ring box and note that he gave me when he proposed.

and a chocolate gift basket!
yummy!
(he knows me so well)

Robby with a precious smile on his face
He had fun, too!

the view from the back porch
gorgeous!!

saying goodbye to our sweet little cabin up in the woods
Then, Clint told me that we were going somewhere else for the second night!
Big surprises still ahead...
part two tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Lauren Greutman1:07 PM

    how beautiful!!! I just know how special you felt :) You are loved! Can't wait to see the next part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lora!!! I couldn't help the tears from coming down my face...how ROMANTIC!!!!!!!!!
    OH MY WORD!!!! I love that you had you other little guy there too... and what a sweet family you have to be so onboard for your special surprise!! Yay!! The LOVE is so evident!! Praise the Lord for your life together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky. He is so romantic. I love my husband so much, but he would never plan anything like that. He says he's scared I may not like what he does. (good excuse, right).
    We have been very happily married for 35 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you guys. What an amazing gift! I love it that Robby got to go too. What precious memories you will cherish forever. Way to go, Clint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NatalieY.9:37 PM

    Amazing!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that is absolutely amazing of him

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:02 AM

    WONDERFUL! This is so sweet!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin