Tuesday, January 18, 2011

john 3:16

One of my earliest memories of church is memorizing John 3:16 in my little sunday school class at Bethany Baptist. That scripture has always been very special to me, probably because it was one of the first scriptures that I ever memorized.

And it pretty much sums everything up, doesn't it? So powerful. So concise. SO AMAZING.

I made a little necklace yesterday during naptime that reminded me of that incredible verse.  As I was wrapping the wire around the blood-red crystal bead, I couldn't help but think of Jesus' blood. Shed for the world. Shed for me. Shed for you.  And I hummed that old hymn, "Nothing but the Blood"...


1/2 inch sterling silver disc stamped with outline of a cross and blood-red crystal bead
on 18 inch silver tone ball chain
"For God so loved the world,
that He gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believes in Him,
should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16

***********************************************

And here's a really great worship song by Matt Redman that includes some of the lyrics of that wonderful old hymn that I was humming yesterday:



Have a blessed day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I love that necklace! Thank you so much for your support towards our adoption. Every dollar means a lot and I am truly appreciative. Thanks. And Good Luck with the drawing!!! -dez

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin