Saturday, January 15, 2011

garlands and vintage milkglass

I recently did a little trade with a fellow etsy seller, Beth, from bethyscreations. She wanted a couple of handstamped pieces of jewelry and I was happy to trade with her. She made me the cutest fabric garland with some sweet vintage calico prints. I love it! And it is sewn so perfectly! I debated for awhile today about where to hang it, and I finally decided to put it on the wall in my entryway. It gives it such a welcoming, homespun feel! I love it. Here's some photos:

it's hung right above my most favorite vintage piece in my house;
a beautiful framed crewelwork from the seventies
joseph really likes the new addition :)



aren't these vintage fabrics sweet?!
the blue one reminds me of the sunday dresses that Mary and Laura wore on Little House on the Prairie!

***************************************

Beth also sent me this fantastic vintage milkglass serving tray from her shop. I knew as soon as I saw it that it had to be mine!! I love milkglass. And I knew that this would make a beautiful display piece for my necklaces next year at Harvest Fest. Until then, though, its home will be in one of my guest rooms.

doesn't it look pretty there?!
 i need to find one or two sweet little things to put on it though, preferably antique and shabby chic. any ideas?

love those scalloped edges!

********************************************************

Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far!

4 comments:

  1. let's talk about that lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garland is perfect! Your entry is a wonderful place for it. Such a welcome to your home.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that serving tray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. toiletries for your guest, vintage coins, an antique pocket watch, stationary and pen for writing letters....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin