Friday, January 7, 2011

five things i love friday - pretty mantles and fireplaces

I've been thinking about fires a lot lately. There's something so wonderful about a roaring fire, isn't there? The smell of the burning wood. The warm glow the fire brings to a room at night. The crackling sound in the fireplace... I just love it!

So, for today's "five things I love friday", I thought I'd show y'all some pretty photos I found of fireplaces and beautifully decorated mantles.

Hope they inspire you! :)

i love those dried hydrangeas and the oversized metal letters!

those little bowls are so simple and beautiful
(and look at that little framed pair of stars?! how cute is that.)

this grouping of framed botantical prints makes such a dramatic statement!

i love all of those little birdies :)

a large mirror is so simple and beautiful over a fireplace, don't you think?

my dream mantle
i.love.this.

oh my goodness! that sign with the alphabet is so amazing!
and i love that little rocking chair, too.
*********************************
(oops-there's actually six things. i just couldn't narrow it down!)
Now, I think I'm gonna go talk to my husband about building us a fire tonight! :)


2 comments:

  1. I like them all, but especially the one in the log cabin. That was fun to study.

    jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. I really like the first one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin