Tuesday, January 4, 2011

chosen

My sweet blogging friend Joy sent me an email yesterday telling me to check out her blog. I was surprised and delighted to see a photo of a necklace that I made for her on her blog header! Wow!! How awesome is that?! Thanks so much, Joy! I am honored.

Here's the photo:

Joy asked me a few weeks ago to make her a custom necklace. She gave me a basic idea of what she was thinking of and then asked me to pray about and see if the Lord shows me anything else. I love that!! Well, God was faithful. As I was praying for her, I was immediately reminded of a scripture (it's a little ways down this post in blue letters). It was so powerful to me, especially in regards to the calling of being a mother, and I knew it was for her as well. God had chosen her to be the mother of her two sons. And He is faithful to equip her with everything she needs to take care of them! What a fantastic promise!

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, That Great Shepherd of the sheep, may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever, Amen!"

Hebrews 13:20-21

HIGHEST CALLING Hand Stamped Copper and Sterling Silver Necklace with vintage pearl

(my husband named this one. i love that he chose that name, "highest calling", because it shows that he thinks that what being a mommy is all about. And I think that's so incredible that he thinks that! I love him.)

(ps- the M and the S are the first initials of Joy's sons)

************************************************************

Doing custom pieces might just be my new favorite thing. I love being able to pray about each necklace and see what the Lord shows me for that specific person that its for. It is so personal and special. Please email me (at eagerhands@gmail.com) if you are interested in having a personalized necklace made. I'd love to work with you!

3 comments:

  1. love the necklace:) So happy you and Clint got to getaway. How awesome! Many many blessings!
    christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. NatalieY.11:54 PM

    I love this!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lora!!
    What a lovely post!! I forgot to tell you that the name of the necklace was also so touching to me!! When i first saw it and "HIGHEST CALLING" ..tears welled up in my eyes immediately!! Thanks to your husband for his deep knowledge of the work you do...I love that i have been chosen for this calling too..the HIGHEST!!
    Blessings dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin