Monday, January 10, 2011

a bag of dried beans saves the day

Sometimes the kids are just plain wild. And it's all I can do not to lose it, you know? In times like those, a bag of dried beans usually saves the day. All I have to do is open one of the dozens of bags of dried beans in my pantry and pour them into a shiny metal bowl. Then, I get out multiple muffin pans, measuring cups, spoons, etc... And oila - my two toddlers are occupied for a good hour - sometimes, two. And mommy doesn't have to lose it.






Then, when it's all over, my broom awaits me for a major sweeping of the kitchen floor! :)

5 comments:

  1. I swear I rarely use the dry beans I buy. My kids always get to them first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beans are awesome - we used to keep an underbed bin about 1/4 full of dried beans and let Scout play and scoop sitting in the middle of them - he loved his yellow 'diggers' so much - it was his favorite thing to play...

    ReplyDelete
  3. NatalieY.11:56 AM

    Cute!! Love this... what a great idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scooping and measuring...what fun!
    Grandma Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desperate for ideas to keep Asher entertained, I was excited to try this out. I knew I would never get 2 hours, but even 20 minutes is great these days. He is so energetic! Anyway it took me about three minutes to get all the stuff out of the cupboards and about a minute and a half for him to divide the beans into the muffin tins. And then he was done! Any other ideas, oh mother of 4 boys?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin